Sunday 29 September 2013

Art of Photography - Introduction

Last weekend I made my way through the exercises in the course materials that act as an introduction prior to the first project. As recommended, I first of all sat down with my camera and the instruction manual to go through all the settings of the camera. Whilst I had realised many of these settings on my own, there were numerous settings that I hadn't explored or used, such as the aperture priority and shutter speed priority settings.

I then went on to complete the different exercises in looking into the lens, focus and camera movement. Whilst some of these exercises created the desired effect there were one or two, particularly the ones where print outs were required, that I don't think I chose the right scene to get the most benefit from the exercise. I therefore decided that I should repeat them on a different subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment